1. Complete and submit application packet to the City of Page Human Resource Department.
Your application will be reviewed and the most qualified applicants will be invited to the testing process.
2. Attend Testing
If invited to the testing process, applicants must arrive with a photo ID or they will not be eligible.
Applicants must obtain a passing score on each step of the testing procedure to remain eligible in the hiring process. Should an applicant fail any portion they will be removed from consideration and will need to re-apply.
- Written Exam -There is no law enforcement experience required for this exam and no study guides available. If you pass the written test you will take the physical agility test the same day.
- Physical AgilityTest (Officers Only) - Applicants will be required to complete the Peace Officer Physical Aptitude Test (POPAT). POPAT is structured into a number of events that have specific scoring criteria. POPAT is based on a point score system and a minimum of 384 points is required to successfully complete the test. The total sum of all the events is considered for the final point score and the results will be converted to a pass/fail score. With the exception of the 500 yard run, each test may be administered twice, giving the applicant two opportunities to pass the test. Events include:
- 99 Yard Obstacle Course - run a 99 yard obstacle course consisting of several sharp turns, a number of curb height obstacles and a 34-inch high obstacle that must be vaulted
- Body Drag - lift and drag a 165 pound dummy 32 feet
- Chain-link Fence Climb - run five yards to a 6-foot chain link fence, climb over the fence and continue running another 25 yards
- Solid Wall Climb - run five yards to a 6 foot solid wall, climb over the wall and continue running another 25 yards
- 500 Yard Run - run 500
- Oral Board - If you pass the written and physical tests, you will be for an Oral Board Interview. Oral Board interviews are normally scheduled the same day, so make sure you have an appropriate change of clothing.
3. Background Interview and Investigation
A thorough background investigation, as outlined by Arizona POST, shall be performed on each candidate.
4. Polygraph examination
5. Psychological exam
6. Conditional Job Offer
7. Medical examination/TB test
8. Drug screen
The hiring process may vary if determined necessary. Falsification, omission, misrepresentation or deception in any stage of the process will result in your immediate removal from consideration.
This process is very competitive and may take two to three months to complete. We only consider the most highly qualified applicants.
Note: Civilian employees are not required to complete the physical test. However, there may be additional testing requirements depending on the position.